Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trying to fall in love with knitting...

...again.
I love yarn. I love how it looks, I love how it feels, I love to spin my own yarn. For some reason the love stops there. I know how to knit, crochet, weave and even how to do naalbinding. I love how all those things look as finished items, but for some reason I fall out of love with them so easily. I think it's because I don't get the instant gratification like I do with spinning my own yarn, well it most cases. With this love for yarn, you can imagine that my stash would not be a few skeins here and there. In fact, it's growing slightly out of control.



The bottom half of this storage unit is FULL of spinning "fluff". Everything from wool to viscose to possum. And that's not including what's in the living room. So in an attempt to de-stash a bit I have tried to fall in love with knitting again.

"February Lace Scarf"
Debbie Bliss "Pure Silk" yarn

This scarf feels absolutely wonderful so far. The robins egg blue is beautiful and I can't wait until it's finished. The pattern is a 4 row lace repeat which makes it easy to knit, as well.

I've never knitted with silk before, and wow, is it slippery. I could never imagine how people knit with silk on metal needles and not drop a stitches on every row. I find the bamboo needles definitely hold on to the yarn a little more than the metal knitting needles. Now that I have a few inches of scarf knitted up, I find the slippery factor has decreased some what so that's kind of a relief.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin