Saturday, September 19, 2009

A trip down Memory Lane

I don't know about you, but when I was a kid when it was rainy outside, instead of playing video games and watching tv; we would make crafts. One of the things we made were Shrinky Dinks. A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a few people at Craftster that had made jewelry with this wonderful and exciting product. After being inspired by their work, I searched through my local craft store, but to no avail.

Yesterday I noticed I had a 50% off coupon that was about to expire and decided to go shopping. After circling the craft store about 3 times, in hopes of finding something that I "needed" and could save a few dollars on,... I looked up at a peg on the wall (that I had passed a few times before) and what did I notice?!?! SHRINKY DINKS!!!!!!

Of course I bought them, brought them home, but could not decide on what I wanted to draw on them. So I slept on it. This morning, my excitement couldn't wait any longer so I just jumped right in.
I think the most exciting part is watching them shrink in the oven! There will definitely be more to come! I think with my next 50% off coupon I'm going to buy the Shrinky Dinks you can put through your printer, so I can play with images on Photoshop.

It's amazing what you find when you're not looking..... well .. looking for the specific item! hehe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin