Wednesday, December 31, 2008

i've gone batt crazy!

Last night I drum carded 23 - 0.5 ounce (average) batts of llama fleece. I couldn't believe it when I counted them at the end. It definitely didn't FEEL like 23 batts! haha
"Calle"

(I'm still trying to work on my picture quality. I don't have a lot of light in my house.)

The fiber is titled "Calle" because that is the name of the llama. The color is absolutely beautiful! It is a medium brown with some cinnamon highlights. I have spun some of this fiber up already, and it is so soft! I think I started with approx. 1 pound of fiber.

I also have 2 more pounds of llama fiber (from two different llamas). One of the fleeces is already 3/4 spun ("Wreckless"), and the other is still in the bag, from when I bought it. The last fleece ("DeNiro") has not been washed, though I have read that you don't have to with llama, so I might skip this step for this fleece. The three fleeces came from a couple I know that own a local llama farm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin