Wednesday, December 17, 2008

knitting progress!

On Monday a friend, J and I were out window shopping and we came across knitting needles on sale for $0.99, so we HAD to buy them, of course ;) the only thing was, they were a size US35 (or 20mm)! lol! I have never knit on needles that large, so I picked a basic pattern called Swamp Witch, that I knew would get great results, that.. and the pattern also required size 35's ;) lol

I cast on yesterday morning and knit for a few hours and finished today. I'm really happy with how it turned out, because not only did I loose track of the pattern (not that it was hard, I just got distracted by the tv! hehe.) but I also only used one strand of yarn (Patons Divine in Blue Halo. I bought this yarn when I was first learning how to knit.), instead of the 4 strands of yarn the pattern requires. The scarf/wrap is absolutely lovely. It is very light and squishy, and to tell you the truth, I'm wearing it right now, and I don't want to take it off! hehe. I definetly recommend the pattern if you are looking for a last minute gift, and have giant knitting needles ;) I am definitly going to use this pattern again, and maybe try knitting it on smaller needles to see the difference in the outcome.

Alright, enough chat, more pictures.
The picture is not the greatest because it's hanging from my loom, but it gives you an idea of how it turned out. I'll try and take a picture of it on when I get a model,... or when I'm not in my pj's with no make up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin