Friday, January 16, 2009

look what I can do...

... in a 3 hour break between classes on a Thursday
("Party Gone Wrong" - 163 yards of Unknown Fiber)

Last semester we had a class on spinning and I got a little carried away and drum carded a few batts of random fiber from a giant bag of unknown fleece (I wish I had a picture of it)(I drum carded because I already knew how to spin). The batts sat around the classroom all semester and I finally decided that since no one was going to do anything with them, I would spin them. So the above skein is the product of my fiber obsession. The colors are a little darker in person. We have had really bad fog the past few days, so the lighting was bad in class.

Side note:
I ordered a 2lbs Shetland fleece on Etsy from Serenity Sheep Woolens. It should be arriving here in 5-7 business days! I can't wait!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin