Friday, January 23, 2009

oOo.. ahhhh

On Thursdays I have Design class in the morning. Um, I don't really know what to say about this class. lol. I find it challenging (mostly because of personal reasons, that I won't go into) but this week I am really proud of what I made and wanted to share it with the world!

One of our in class assignments was to create a self portrait and then create two design templates. The whole class was just doing this on a whim because the teacher was guiding us through it step by step. When we finished the three pieces the teacher told us to cut up our self portraits (I know, I couldn't believe it either, especially because I really liked mine! A lot of us did.) And then use the portrait for pieces in the templates. (Confusing, I know. I'm going to add pictures. It will all make sense. lol) One of the templates was supposed to be symmetrical and the other asymmetrical. (Apparently, this is a lot harder than I thought it would be) I really liked my symmetrical one (I actually "hung" (by hung I mean used masking tape to put it up. lol) it on my wall) I had a harder time with the asymmetrical one beacuse apparently there was too much negative space, but I was fairly happy with how it turned out.

On to the pictures!
(love this one!)

(the art work is lacking in text because I didn't have ink for my printer for about 2 weeks)

1 comment:

Vallee fam fave recipes said...

I love the first pic of your self portrait. It's so eerie but the exquisite designmanship (or womanship) makes it so beautiful.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin